Monday, December 1, 2014
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Friday, October 31, 2014
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Week 1B Day One Classwork:
Midterm Review Jeopardy!
1. Play the game. You may play against another student that missed the class if you are able to do so without disrupting Directed Studies.
2. Write down which questions that miss, and the correct answers to those questions.
Posted by Delta Brian at 1:33 PM
Monday, October 13, 2014
Friday, October 10, 2014
Thursday, October 2, 2014
Current Events 10/3 Period 2:
Posted by Delta Brian at 5:54 PM
Current Events 10/3 Period 1
Posted by Delta Brian at 5:52 PM
Monday, September 29, 2014
Sunday, September 28, 2014
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Current Event Period 2 Articles
Current Events Period 1 Articles
Posted by Delta Brian at 7:19 PM
China Creates a Sidewalk for People Who Walk and Text?
Posted by Delta Brian at 9:02 AM
Monday, September 22, 2014
Friday, September 19, 2014
Current Events Week 3 ArticlesArticle 1:
Posted by Delta Brian at 8:27 AM
Monday, September 15, 2014
Week 4, Day 1 Materials
Articles for Classwork 7:
Article for Homework 7:
Posted by Delta Brian at 10:06 AM
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Atomic Cafe Extra Credit Project
Up to 100pts, Due Wednesday May 28th
· Watch “Atomic Café” Linked on the class blog page. (1hr 25min)
· Pick 5 of the short clips within the movie to analyze in-depth.
For each of these five clips include the following:
1. Short summary of the video clip.
2. What was the message? What imagery was used?
3. Your reaction to this video clip. Is it absurd? Scary?
4. What does this clip tell you about America during the dawn of the Atomic Age?
· In addition, type a half-page summary of the entire film. What stood out? What was your favorite clip? What was the scariest clip? Why? What did this teach you about America and the world during the Atomic Age?
Posted by Delta Brian at 11:22 AM
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Friday, April 25, 2014
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Monday, April 7, 2014
Home Front Week 1A Day 1 Power Point Link
Posted by Delta Brian at 4:35 PM
Homework 1 Link: The Sleepy Lagoon Trial
Posted by Delta Brian at 1:09 PM
Thursday, March 20, 2014
Student Government Crimea Crisis Questions and LinksAnswer each of the questions on a piece of paper. Each question is a hyperlink that will take you to an article that will research to answer the question.
- What is the history of Ukraine? How did it get where it is today?
- What is Crimea’s political history? What are Russia’s interests there?
- What is the danger of full-blown war in the region?
- Why has the international community compared the situation in Crimea as similar to the 2008 conflict in Georgia, which resulted in South Ossetia breaking away from Georgia and being recognized as its own country?
- What options does President Obama have in terms of a U.S. response? Why has the Crimean crisis been called the “most difficult foreign policy test of his presidency”?
- How might the United States’ reaction to the Crimean situation impact relations between America and the Middle East? How do Ukraine's economic challenges impact the world economy?
- How successful have the international community's diplomacy efforts been thus far?
- What is the situation like for people living in Crimea?
Hitler: The Rise of Evil
I wanted to post the video for those of you that wanted to see the ending.
Posted by Delta Brian at 5:11 PM
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Accelerated Credit Option: (.25 Credits!)
Watch the movie Stalingrad playing downtown at the Riverfront Theater. Type a one page paper describing the following:
1. Basics of the plot, main characters
2. Cite examples and specific scenes demonstrating how civilian was affected by the battle of Stalingrad.
3. 3-4 sentences describing your reaction to the film. Did you like it? Why? Why not?
Posted by Delta Brian at 11:40 AM
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Sunday, March 9, 2014
Homework 13: Shell Shock
For Week 7, Day 1 you will use the link above to complete the homework assignment. If you have completed the essay prior to or during class Monday/Tuesday you should complete HW13 in class and make the extra credit presentation. Directions for the presentation are on the HW13 handout.
Posted by Delta Brian at 10:53 PM
Monday, February 24, 2014
Home Front Extra Credit Assignment
· Find a primary source (newspaper article, etc) or firsthand account (diary or memoir) of life on the home front during World War I.
- Create a document in your Drive.
- Copy and paste the document into the document.
- Type a paragraph summary of the article/memoir
- Type a paragraph describing how this document reflects the experiences of people on the home front during World War I
- Share the document with Brian
Posted by Delta Brian at 10:25 AM
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Homework 7 Link:
Browse through the galleries. Select one image to analyze.
Assume the role of the person in the picture or that of someone that was there. Type a half page diary entry or letter home describing the scene and your impressions of how the war is going.
Posted by Delta Brian at 7:53 AM